NCCJ's signature program: ANYTOWN™
Session I: June 25 - June 30
Session II: July 16 - July 21
Why should students go to ANYTOWN?
- Every year, students use their ANYTOWN (and After-ANYTOWN) experience for college essays and many receive scholarship awards. Going to ANYTOWN is a great way to make your college application stand out.
- NCCJ is one of Guilford County School's leading service-learning partners. Students earn 40 service-learning hours by attending ANYTOWN and can earn even more hours by participating in After ANYTOWN follow-up activities.
- Particpants learn how to create positive change and find out about leadership opportunities.
- It's fun and they won't be bored! Every year we have to push ANYTOWN participants on the bus to go home on Friday because no one wants to leave.
What is ANYTOWN?
ANYTOWN™ is a week-long residential summer program conducted at Blowing Rock Conference Center in the beautiful North Carolina mountains. Not your typical summer camp, ANYTOWN provides Guilford County students with a unique opportunity to live and interact with a diverse group of students who come together to build a community based on inclusivity, respect and understanding. The days are full of engaging workshops and intense discussion groups along with fun games and electives.
Who goes to ANYTOWN?
Each session includes about 68 delegates (rising high school juniors and seniors), 12 peer counselors, 12 adult advisors and 2 directors. ANYTOWN staff are highly qualified community leaders along with ANYTOWN graduates, all committed to bringing the magic to new students every summer.
Delegates must reside in Guilford County and be
physically and emotionally able to participate in challenging discussions about their attitudes and experiences around human relations issues; they should speak English well enough to express themselves in group discussions and interactions with peers. Participants must attend for the entire week.
Read here what Mark Janke, Northwest High Class of 2013 (pictured above, center) says about his ANYTOWN experience
How much does it cost?
ANYTOWN tuition and fees are $650 and include:
• Round trip transportation via chartered bus to and from Smith High School in Greensboro
• Three catered meals daily, plus snacks
• Lodging, facility fees, ANYTOWN t-shirt, and group photo
• Materials, programs, speakers, and so much more!
Generous need-based tuition assistance is available to delegates. Click here to view and download an ANYTOWN Tuition Assistance Application (click here for PDF version).
What are your deadlines?
April 16, 2017
- "Early Bird" - register and pay in full by this date and we'll waive your $50 registration fee.
- Priority deadline for tuition assistance.
May 21, 2017
- Register and pay in full by this date and be entered into a raffle to win $100 off ANYTOWN tuition.
- Second round deadline for tuition assistance.
We accept applications until ANYTOWN is completely full. Click here to apply online, or contact our office to see about current availability or to be added to the waiting list.
Questions? Email Megan Sappenfield or call her at (336) 272-0359.